Electrosurgery is a medical procedure that is performed using electrical current to cut, remove, dispose of malignant tissue and keep bleeding in the tissues under control. For this it makes use of a series of equipment known as electromechanical haemostatic devices and electroscalpels.
The applications of electrosurgery are multiple and with quite efficient results in the treatment of diseases such as skin cancer, since it provides an effective technique to remove basal cells, treat actinic keratosis and lunar warts. Other specialties of medicine such as obstetrics and urology, also makes use of it in order to eliminate bodies or abnormal tissues from organs such as the uterus, vagina, vulva, penis and anus.
Electromechanical haemostatic devices
- Argon coagulator: This device uses a high electrical current frequency delivered by the argon gas ion. This gas, while ionizing, allows the conduction of electricity. In other words, it improves clinical effectiveness by focusing radiofrequency energy on a directional, non-contact argon beam at room temperature. It is important to note that argon gas is an inert, non-reactive gas, heavier than air so it is easy to ionize. Among its advantages we find that it induces a very fast haemostasis, a more homogeneous scarring, less tissue damage and better healing.
- Ligasure: It is an electrosurgical device used in sealing arteries and veins up to 7 mm in diameter, acts by fusing collagen and elastin from the vascular walls and generating an autologous and permanent sealing, although it is also considered a good option for veins up to 12 mm in diameter and large lymph vessels. This equipment works by completely sealing masses of tissues and vessels, without the need for prior isolation, with its use producing a thermal dispersion, minimal adhesions and a tissue carbonization of its own. As for the equipment we can say that its results are superior to those obtained by standard bipolar electrobistury and ultrasonic coagulator and similar to ligatures, clips and sutures, because it allows eliminating the presence of exogenous material in the body, avoiding the production of proximal thrombi and its scarcity is minimal.
- Radiofrequency (Cool-Tip): The high frequency (radio frequency) current released through a probe or electrode produces ion agitation, friction and tissue heating. In the Cool-tip ablation system, the generator operates at 480 KHz and has a device that measures the tissue impedance by automatically managing the optimal amount of radio frequency energy. In addition, the internal circulation of water at low temperature allows cooling the tissue adjacent to the exposed electrode while maintaining a low impedance during the treatment cycle. The low impedance allows maximum energy release for a higher ablation volume, eliminating tissue carbonization. This system works with two types of electrode: simple and cluster to treat areas greater than 3 cm in diameter maximum. Its main application is the treatment of hepatic, primary and metastatic tumor lesions.
- Surgical lasers: They are multifunctional devices that allow cutting, coagulating, vaporizing tissue, welding and selectively destroying pathologically pigmented tissues, depending on the case. There are several types of lasers, but the most used are YAG neodymium, argon and CO2.
What is an electroscalpel?
Electrobisturs are electronic equipment used in medicine, specifically in the field of electrosurgery, which have the ability to transform electrical energy into heat to cut or coagulate tissues and cauterize them at the same time, using currents that develop at high frequencies usually above 200,000 Hz coagulator.
This surgical equipment, through the generation of high frequency electromagnetic waves, causes a thermal effect that is used to destroy or to separate biological tissues. This equipment has the ability to generate high frequency alternating current used in electrosurgery from low frequency electrical currents, to achieve a desired thermal effect on a biological tissue.
What does Kalstein offer you?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of medical and laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best PRICES in the market, so you can make your PURCHASE with us, knowing that you have the service and advice of a company specialized in the field and committed to provide you with safe, economical and effective options for the performance of your functions in the right way. In this opportunity we present our Electrosurgical Generator YR02144, whose characteristics are:
- The YR electrosurgical generator offers a maximum power of 400 watts.
- 7 monopolar and 3 bipolar outputs are available.
- The electrosurgical generator ensures a smooth cut through all types of tissue.
- It performs automatic recognition of the return electrode, either solid or spilled.
- It offers program memory functions and automatic current monitoring.
- The argon module is optional to improve cutting and coagulation.
- Optional adapter for laparoscopy and thoracoscopy application.
- The electrosurgical generator has an easy-to-use interface.
- It has an isolated exit, all floating.
For more information we invite you to take a look: HERE