It is a container that is used in the different laboratories of chemistry and medical sciences to make measurements in volume, the important thing about this instrument is that it must be made of material that allows to visualize the liquid content, they can be made of glass or transparent plastic, this must allow to measure the aliquot of a liquid with extreme precision, It must also have certain basic characteristics such as being a transparent tube, having one of its conical tips, has a graduation with which it marks the different measures in volumes.
Now, according to the volume of the pipette these throw a limit of error. We must be aware of this, at the time of making liquid suctions, there are pipettes that allow us to have better precision and less error marguen as double capacity pipettes, in the market there is a wide variety of pipettes and each one has its own functions, it also depends on the manufacturer, they offer us resistant and quality materials.
Capacity and margin of error of laboratory pipettes
- Capacity: 2, error limit 0.006
- Capacity 5 error limit 0.01
- Capacity 10 error limit 0.02
- Capacity 30 error limit 0.03
- Capacity 50 error limit 0.05
- Capacity 100 error limit 0.08
- Capacity 200 error limit 0.010
Recommendations for the use of pipettes
- Using propipetas for toxic or volatile substances
- Place the liquid in a beaker to avoid contamination when extracting the liquid.
- Rinse the pipette twice with the problem liquid before loading it.
- Submerge the pipette as necessary to extract the liquid, but without producing air inside.
- It does not touch the wet tip of the pipette.
- Clean the loaded pipette on the outside with a dry paper.
- Let the liquid drain slowly.
- Do not return part of the solution to the beaker, use another container.
Types of pipettes for laboratory
- Aforada Pipette: formed by a long tube and widened in the central part, it offers greater precision when measuring volumes of certain liquids.
- Graduated Pipette: used to measure the volume of any liquid as long as it does not exceed its maximum capacity.
- Pasteur pipette: of this type there are two models of plastic and glass; both have a conical edge that allows air to be expelled and serve to extract liquids without so much precision.
- Shali pipette: it is made of glass has different shapes and serves to measure amounts of blood.
- Thomas pipette: it is made of glass and has a bulb to facilitate the homogenization of the blood, as it serves to dilute the blood.
- Three-way pipette: composed of three ways allows operations with one hand, in addition to its main function is to evacuate the air during each intake.
- Serological pipette: it is a plastic pipette that usually has a cotton filter that protects it.
- Transfer pipette: it has a single piece of unbreakable plastic or polyethylene and is mainly used in blood banks.
- Micropipettes: they are the most practical, and allow to absorb and transport small amounts of volumes.
Types of laboratory pipettes Kalstein brand.
- Electronic Macropipette: covers the entire range of bulb and graduated pipettes from 0.1 to 100 ml.
- Pump Pipette: allows easy and precise pipetting, the pump turned with a release lever.
- Repetitive Pipette: accurate measurement of liquids of high viscosity, high density or high pressure.
- Multicanal Pipettes for Liquid Handling: offers air displacement of fixed volumes with the selected volume displayed on a digital indicator.
- Pipettes for liquid handling: fully adjustable air displacement with the volume indicated on the volume screen.
Each type has different settings and specific applications, for the acquisition of these KALSTEIN brand laboratory pipettes you can do it through our online purchase channels that are very easy and viable, reminding them that we are high-level manufacturers, with great demand for buying and selling worldwide, in addition to offering the best specialists for Provide you with the necessary advice, our Kalstein Laboratory Equipment Company, offers you great advantages of guarantee and commitment, ensuring a team with superior technology and high performance.