Muffle is a equipment used for high temperature tests for various purposes, such as heat treatment, calcining tests, incineration of organic and inorganic samples and cooking of ceramic materials, among others.
These equipment are used in laboratories for substance calcination, substance drying, casting and control processes. Also, for thermal treatments of hardening and cleaning injection molds. It is a very versatile and useful team in the industry.
Structure of the Muflas
It is a equipment made with refractory materials, inside has a small observation hole corresponding to the cooking chamber, to introduce probes, to check and record temperatures. In the upper inner (ceiling), there is a space where gases come out of the chamber. The walls of the oven are also made of thermal materials and insulation.
This oven is used when it is required to reach temperatures above 350 °C. It should be noted that only special materials such as a porcelain crucible, quartz or stainless high quality, can be introduced to withstand high temperatures, because the furnace can reach 1800 °C., and the conditions of the atmosphere, which it can generate in the process.
In this sense, muffles fulfill the function of an oven, but allowing monitoring and determining the conditions of samples at high temperatures, safely, consists of certain characteristics, such as:
- Internal Camera: Made of aluminum and silica to resist high temperatures.
- Heating elements: it works to evenly distribute the temperature, and sits inside the camera.
- Thermocouple: Sensor that indicates the temperature at which the camera is located.
- Timer: Schedule the working time in which the muffle will operate.
- Temperature control: This is usually PID type to avoid temperature spikes, it serves to program the temperature. The controls are analog and have a wider margin of error.
- Security switch: This one, it’s on the door that gives access to the camera; it works by cutting off the power supply so that the temperature decreases.
Therefore, it is evident that the muffles have their essential parts and their structure, where the sample and the control system are introduced.
In order to maximize the service life of the laboratory muffle, the following maintenance should be performed:
- External maintenance periodically with non-abrasive solution.
- Check the electrical system in the lab
- Do not connect the muffle to multiple electrical connections leading to overheating
- Leave at least 15 centimeters around the equipment allowing heat to circulate
- Calibrate once a year to correct gaps.
Taking into account, the above recommendations, the management within the laboratories is simple.
Muflas brand Kalstein
We at Kalstein are trained to enforce the requirements of our users, in terms of the selection of laboratory equipment. We offer you, The YR Series Muffles, which has attractive features, such as: High purity fibrous alumina insulation for maximum energy saving; Double layer steel structure with air cooling fan to keep the outside of the oven safe to the touch; reaches temperatures of 1200°C, 1400°C, 1700°C maximum operating; power control with 30 programmable segments, among others.
To learn more about our products, visit HERE
At Kalstein, as manufacturers, we provide all the advice our customers need, so that their purchase is the ideal, and at excellent prices. Come, visit us at https://kalstein.us/