A power source for electrophoresis is an electrical equipment that has the function of managing the current in a constant and direct way to the electrophoresis system, as well as indicating and controlling both the supply voltage and the current consumption.
This device acts as a transformer, rectifier and regulator in its output, to avoid voltage spikes that damage the electrophoresis system. Electrophoresis is a technique based on the migration of molecules through a gel or matrix of porous nature, to which an electric field is applied, to separate these molecules according to their size or molecular weight, this thanks to the action of a power source for electrophoresis chambers, since this component is responsible for providing the electric field necessary to be able to move or mobilize the molecules.
Parts of a power source for electrophoresis
Kalstein electrophoresis power sources are specially designed to work with horizontal and vertical electrophoresis chambers. They have microprocessors that control their operation. The power sources allow constant voltage work and also have a timer to work in specific time periods during which the process can be stopped and resumed later.
Our power supplies can present up to 4 outputs in parallel to connect up to 4 different cuvettes simultaneously, providing a great capacity for use and therefore ideal in clinical diagnostic and research laboratories.
What are the characteristics of a power source?
Among the main characteristics of a power source, reference is made to its capacity. Among these features we can point out:
- Voltage: It refers to the voltage range that a source is able to provide, it is important to ensure that our source meets the voltage ranges for all our applications, because this range will not be exceeded.
- Current: Specifies the current range that the power source can provide us. Like the voltage feature, this range cannot be exceeded.
- Power: This parameter indicates the maximum combination of voltage and current that the source can supply us. It is very important to verify this feature since there are dual or multirank sources that are limited by their power, but allow different voltage and current ranges.
Care of a Power Source for Electrophoresis
- The power source for electrophoresis should be used by qualified personnel who know the equipment and its handling using the user manual.
- Place the power source on a horizontal, flat and stable table, creating a free space of about 30 cm on each side.
- Do not place the power source near heat sources, such as lighters, ovens, and autoclaves.
- For cleaning the equipment we recommend that you use a lint-free cloth moistened in soapy solution that does not contain abrasive products.
- When you are not going to use the power supply for long periods of time, make sure it is disconnected from the power supply and protect it from dust (thus avoiding possible accidents and prolonging the life of the device).
What do we offer you in Kalstein?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best prices in the market, so you can make your purchase confidently with us, knowing that you have the service and advice of a firm and committed to innovation. That is why we present our power source for electrophoresis YR03404, novel equipment that has the following characteristics:
- Molding housing, touch keys, intelligent dual-core microprocessor control;
- Enter the preset value and the actual output value at the same time;
- It can store 10 electrophoresis methods;
- With automatic memory function;
- With standard timing operation function;
- Constant voltage, constant current, constant power, malfunction, intelligent fault warning functions;
- Automatic detection of no load, overload, short circuit, rapid resistance change, ground leak and overheating of the system.
For more information visit us on our website, in the products section: HERE