The function of the safe storage cabinets, fulfill the protection and isolation of chemicals that are contained in risk areas, to avoid mishaps in the environment, and are intended to store dangerous substances.
Accordingly, it is important to follow the storage rules, which are commonly found in the labeling of these products, being versatile depending on the danger of each.
In addition, volatile liquids must be kept in cabinets located in areas with a correct air flow, to avoid explosions, due to the accumulation of vapors, and these special furniture, must have current systems that allow the extraction of gases and accumulated vapors.
Fire-fighting functions with the use of Security Storage Cabinets
Fire protection in companies is of vital importance, both to companies and workers. Staying in high-risk areas is dangerous, and being able to work safely increases the peace of mind of employees and the productivity of a safe environment.
Nevertheless, during any hazardous activity, accidents are inevitable in companies working with flammable components. Therefore, it is advisable to use the safe storage cabinets, to keep chemicals away from any contact with people and the environment.
Here comes into play, a good organization of the company, taking into account the following aspects, obviously including the use of security storage cabinets.
- Safeguard any flammable products in the safe storage devices, so it is important to know the space in which each activity takes place and know if there is a real risk of fire to prevent.
- Detecting the elements that can generate fires and specifically defining where the risk is (in a flammable chemical, for example), helps save time and better secure the area.
- Choosing the best fire fighting equipment, using the security cabinets to store all volatile substances.
It is essential, a periodic review of the cabinets and the areas where they are located, to approve the good condition of the facilities and the cabinets themselves. They must pay particular attention to the possible leakage of gases, deterioration of identification tags, the presence of damage, rust and leakage in containers and safety cabinets.
Security Elements for Storage Cabinets Location
Safety storage cabinets are used to keep chemical and volatile substances isolated, jointly functional for the safety of workers, so it is important to implement suitable areas in their location. Accordingly, the following elements should be taken into account:
- Place of Placement: They must be located in a free area, around the closet, to access the opening of the doors and the necessary action space for the user. In addition, adequate room ventilation (especially for cabinets without ventilation system).
- Ventilation: Connect the ventilation systems, to allow the exhaust of gases and avoid flammable pollutant erosions.
- Support plane: it is advisable to fix the security storage cabinets on a stable, solid and non-flammable base.
- Lighting: It is suggested to place cabinets in illuminated areas for safe use.
- Power Supplies: Connect the cabinets in power supplies with proper grounding.
All this, in order to maintain total security with the implementation of the cabinets, and avoid irreparable damage.
Storage Cabinets Brand Kalstein
At Kalstein, we are equipped with the most extensive technology in trained equipment, to meet all the demands of our customers. We offer you variety, in storage cabinets that provide reliability to the environment and offer safety to operators in case of any accident, and in this case the Explosion Proof Cabinets of YR models, are the ideal, and have attractive features, such as; Environmental protection spray, strong insulation. Three-point hitch, double lock. High load-bearing adjustable laminate. Electrostatic grounding, safety update. Three colors, each with its own strengths.