In the field of health, sterilization is a process that eliminates all living organisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa. It is considered the most effective method of preventing disease transmission. There are several methods of sterilization, but the gas autoclave is one of the most used in dental sterilization.
The Kalstein gas autoclave is a pressure chamber that uses steam to remove microorganisms from medical instruments and equipment. This method is very effective, since hot steam expands and penetrates the smallest spaces of objects, reaching all surfaces.
Although equipment is an effective method for sterilization, it is important to note that there are certain risks associated with its use. For this reason, it is essential to follow a strict security protocol to ensure a safe and effective process.
The following describes the safety protocol for dental sterilization with gas autoclave:
- Objects to be sterilized should be placed in a basket or a perforated tray.
- The basket or tray should be placed inside the appliance and the door should be closed.
- The autoclave should come on and select the appropriate temperature and time.
- Once the sterilization process is complete, the machine should be left to cool for a few minutes.
- The door is then opened and the sterilized objects removed.
- Objects should be stored in a clean, dry place.
- If a disinfectant is to be used, it is applied after sterilization.
- Waste materials should be disposed of in accordance with current regulations.
The safety protocol described above ensures safe and effective disinfection of objects used in the field of dentistry. However, it is important to note that the gas autoclave should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
It is also essential to perform a test before using the equipment with patients. This allows you to verify that the process has been carried out correctly and that the objects are completely sanitized.
Virtues with the use of the Gas Autoclave
Dental sterilization with gas autoclave offers many virtues in terms of safety. Among them are:
- First, the gas autoclave is in a location far from the sterilization area and thus is not exposed to the same hazards as an electric autoclave.
- Second, it’s much more energy efficient, which means that it heats up much faster and cools much faster. This means that the risk of burns and electrocution is much lower.
- Third, it is much easier to clean and disinfect, which means that the risk of cross-contamination is much lower.
- Another great virtue of dental sterilization with gas autoclave is that it does not require the use of compressors or other expensive equipment.
The gas autoclave is much cheaper to operate, which means it can save you money in the long run. Finally, it is much safer for the environment, since it does not produce toxic waste.
Autoclave to Gas brand Kalstein
For the different commercial and medical sectors, the use of Autoclaves becomes the best allies for the sterilization processes of different materials. In Kalstein we have the best lines in equipment, able to meet all the needs of our users, in addition, as manufacturers we offer you the Gas Autoclaves belonging to the YR series. They have camera and door in stainless steel, with electro-polished finish. High precision control system for perfect sterilization results. Independent steam generator, which provides enough steam for faster cycles. For more information check out our catalog HERE