Radiant cribs are equipment designed to provide heat to newborns, in order to achieve a body temperature of 36° to 37°C. Neonates, who suffer these changes, are those premature or underweight patients unable to compensate for temperature variations and maintain thermal balance.
Therefore, they should be subject to certain care controlled by trained medical personnel, taking into account the following considerations:
- To review the heat source and its proper functioning in favor of the neonate integrity.
- Identify the parts of the radiant cradle, such as the neonatal bracelet, heat sensors, vacuum cleaner with waste canister, power knob, safety walls.
- The rest space of the newborn should be comfortable for the change of position of the same.
- Audible and visible alarms adjusted by trained personnel.
- Constant newborn screening.
Management and Control of a Radiant Cradle
The medical personnel, have a main role in the organization of neonatal care in an effective, technical and useful way for the early detection of clinical exposures and appropriate therapeutic interventions, which through the practice of thermal cradles, should take into account the control and care of the infrared generator, located in the upper part, since it is heated and can cause injuries, so it is advisable not to manipulate the equipment being on. In addition, the safety of not being exposed to flammable anesthetics to prevent any explosion. The radiant cradle must be connected to a 110 Volt outlet with line to the ground, to guarantee the life of the patient and the operator.
Medical Considerations to Maintain Radiant Cradle Temperature in Newborns
It should be lit 10 min before delivery, so that its functioning is fit and can be used by the newborn. Among the safest recommendations is:
- Heat all clothes that will come into contact with him drink.
- If the child is born in good condition, it can be located with its mother in skin-to-skin contact drying it on top of her and well covered with hot cloths, which will give it a suitable thermal environment. If the newborn cannot be placed on top of the mother (skin with skin), use heat source and quick drying, covering it with dry and warm blankets. Quickly change the wet sheet. Cover the head with the little bed first and then with a cap of suitable insulating material.
- Normal inspection of your axillary temperature confirming that it stabilizes between 36.5 and 37.5°C.
- Raise the protective plastic side walls while in the radiant cradle if the transfer is going to take time.
- The newborn must be naked to allow the heat from the radiant cradle to be effective.
- Radiation heat shall be with energy appropriate to the child’s needs (use with servo control devices).
- As radiant cribs do not provide moisture, increased callous losses in newborns should be considered.
- Have the side walls of the radiant cradle raised to create microclimate and avoid air currents.
Radiant Cradle in KALSTEIN
At Kalstein, we have for you the best equipment, model YR02193, the most advanced of the Heal Force heater family that provides an enriching and vital environment. Equipped with phototherapy units on top and under the bed, the baby can get better treatment. Low pressure suction and resuscitation units are also available for this model.
- Preheating, manual control and skin temperature mode.
- Servo-controlled microprocessor-based temperature system with far infrared heater
- Temperature deviation can be observed and corrected on the front panel for error measurement.
- Self-test function for safety reasons.
- Upper and lower phototherapy units
- The tilt of the bed can be adjusted.
- Heater head can be adjusted horizontally between 0-90 °
- Folding transparent protector
- Fall protection function of the skin temperature sensor to prevent overheating
- Audible and visible alarm indications for multiple faults with 3 priorities
- Comfortable tray for X-ray cassettes under the children’s bed
- The large crib is suitable for operation.
- 40% constant power heating function
- Dual phototherapy units provide treatment for jaundice.
- Vertical height can be adjusted.
- OFF timer
- RS-232 connector
Visit us on our HERE page, we have the best prices and we have the best advice for your purchase, in addition to being manufacturers we offer you the best and advanced technology. For more information, visit us at https://kalstein.us/