An anesthesia machine is an important medical equipment that is used to administer medicinal or anesthetic gases to a patient, both in spontaneous and controlled ventilation. This new equipment is also classified as a complex workstation constituted with a series of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components, among which the flowmeters stand out.
The anesthesia machines integrate everything you need for the overall anesthesia process and include vaporizers, fans, scanning systems, breathing systems and monitors. They receive the medicinal gases and distribute with great precision the flow and pressure of each gas according to the needs of the patient, although these adjustments can be inserted manually in a common way, are indispensable and essential equipment in the procedures that require supplying anesthetic gases to patients and carrying out the monitoring of their breathing throughout the process.
What is a fluxometer in an anesthetic machine?
The flow meter is the component of the anesthesia machine that measures the flow of gas between the machine’s output and the patient, i.e. they measure the amount of gas in motion (circulation). The mechanism of action of a fluxometer depends on the laws of passage of liquids in tubes. They are usually graduated in ml/min and l/min and there are flow meters for air, oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide. They are identified by internationally known colors (O2 green, N2O blue and air yellow). They are located in front of the machine, each flow meter is built for a specific gas and are not interchangeable with others, they only accurately measure the gas for which they have been specifically calibrated.
Commonly, when two flow meters are available for each gas, the first one must ensure the measurement of low flows, up to 1l/min; and the second will be for high flows, up to 10 to 12 l/min; controlled by the same command. The parts of a flow meter will depend on whether it is mechanical or electronic.
Types of flowmeters
There are usually 3 fundamental types of flow meters for anesthesia machines:
- Float, also called Thorpe or variable orifice tubes, have a conical shape inside, its diameter is increasing from the base upwards; it is composed of a graduated tube, a regulator valve, and a float, which remains suspended due to constant pressure.
- Palette, or Gauthier are of constant orifice and variable pressure; they are composed of a round chamber, where the gas input can be measured by the motion of the palette.
- Electronics, which measure the flow by the temperature variation, recorded by a thermal sensor located at the center of the gas stream.
What does Kalstein offer you?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of medical and laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best PRICES in the market, so you can make your PURCHASE with us, knowing that you have the service and advice of a company specialized in the field and committed to provide you with safe, economical and effective options for the performance of your functions in the right way. This time we present our Anesthetic Machines YR02197.
This anesthesia machine provides an affordable and flexible anesthesia solution for now and for the future. This medical equipment can be upgraded to better meet customers’ anesthetic requirements. The expansion of the modern anesthesia workstation is also feasible to greatly improve workflow and reduce operating costs. Among its main characteristics we find:
- The anesthesia machine offers electronic PEEP function.
- It has automatic current volume compensation.
- It provides a high precision output of only 20 ml.
- The anesthesia machine uses latex-free, autoclavable components.
- It can be easily maintained and cleaned without specialized tools.
- It is CE certified, giving users peace of mind.
- Applications: YR anesthesia machines can be used to administer and administer inhalation anesthesia in adult, pediatric and neonatal patients.
For more information we invite you to take a look HERE.