A microplate washer is a laboratory instrument used to perform washing operations during the ELISA technique. Washing is one of the crucial stages during the realization of the ELISA technique, because, to obtain the best results, i.e. the maximum relationship between the specific signal and the background signal, careful washing is essential.; special solutions are used, among the most used is the phosphate buffer solution or PBS.
The ELISA technique is based on an antigen-antibody reaction that is carried out on a polystyrene surface. Unbound immunoglobulins (antibodies) by antigen reaction are eliminated during the washing process. Washing in the ELISA technique is an operation that can be performed manually, but if you have high demands and if you work with potentially contaminated substances, it is better to use an automated washing equipment. like the microplate washer.
Importance of the microplate washer in the ELISA technique
The importance of the microplate washer is that during the ELISA a microplate washer is responsible for removing unattached material and reagents that have not reacted. Washing is a critical stage in the performance of the technique.
It is extremely essential not only to respect the number of wash cycles and buffer volumes in each well. The soaking time is standardized to reduce the interference produced by the samples, as well as to eliminate the conjugate not specifically attached to the reaction, and its objective is to provide enough time to allow the diffusion of the components to be removed in the buffer, thus making the washing performance more optimal. The washing processes carried out in the ELISA microplate washer include the following: top-down suction, simultaneous suction and dispensing and suction from the bottom of the wells.
What considerations should be considered for an ELISA microplate washer to function properly in the process?
Preventive maintenance of a microplate washer is extremely indispensable. Buffers usually contain considerable salinity and crystallize on the washing machine needles. To prevent this situation, the entire system should be purged with double-distilled water at the end of the working day. It is also important to note that in order for an ELISA microplate washing machine to work properly, you need to have:
- A clean, dust-free environment.
- A stable desk. It is advised that it be away from vibration-producing equipment -centrifuges, stirrers-, that it has an adequate size to allow locating, next to the ELISA microplate washer, the complementary equipment required to perform the mentioned technique: analyser, incubator, dispenser and computer.
- An electrical outlet with a good ground pole, connected to an attack that meets the electrical standards and norms implemented in the country or the laboratory.
Which ELISA microplate washers exist in Kalstein?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of laboratory equipment of the highest quality and at the best PRICES in the market, where you can make your purchase confidently and safely, knowing that you have the advice and experience of a company specialized in the field. We currently offer a sophisticated microplate washing system such as our YR05126 Microplate Washer, which is very useful for the proper execution of this technique in your clinical or research laboratory:
- Uniformity and efficiency throughout the washing process.
- 96-well head
- Single-needle reverse, no suction needle, no lock
- The washing time is less than 30 seconds for a dish.
- Internal centrifuge, no residual liquid, no need to tap the microplate after washing.
- Double plate wash at once, high efficiency.
- Three bottles of 10000 ml high concentration liquid.
- 7″ color touch screen operation, good user experience.
For more information we invite you to take a look at HERE